Search This Blog

Jan 22, 2008

American I - Day 21


American I - Day 21, originally uploaded by staytunedradio.

From staytunedradio: "I wanted to do a picture to celebrate the Martin Luther King holiday. The picture I had planned didn't work so I went to this. It's an idea I've had for a while. It's a take off of Don McLean's American Pie album cover www.don-mclean.com/americanpie.asp

I have a dream - Peace"

From Us: We're a day late on this...but we figure it's cool to celebrate MLK day Every Day...and besides, one of us (yes the one who dreams in Peace Signs these days) woke up all aflutter in the early a of m grimacing because she had not officially even acknowledged the Day and there it was over...but not over...never over....not if we keep reminding people about it. And isn't it sort of like getting a birthday card the after your birthday, after all the hoopla is over and the cake is gone (or most of it anyway, 'pending on how big it was)? You get that card the day after and you're nudged into remembering that "yeah, that was my day yesterday"...and you go and scrape any remaining icing off the empty cake plate and don't have to feel guilty about it at all :)

Happy Martin Luther King Day to all! And another thank you to staytunedradio for another fine foto!

zoey et al

No comments:

Post a Comment

One Million Peace Signs on YouTube!